Soulja Boy Net Worth- In 2022, Soulja Boy is expected to have a net worth of about $30 million. Check Here Soulja Boy Biography.
The person who goes by the stage name Soulja Boy, DeAndre Cortez Way, is a very successful and well-known celebrity in the United States. On July 28, 1990, The Way was born in the United States of America in Chicago, Illinois. The Way is not renowned for engaging in extensive conversations about his private life or formative years.
However, he had divulged some information about his upbringing when he was younger. At age six, Way relocated to Atlanta, Georgia, with the rest of his family. After that, he moved to Atlanta for eight years, during which time he began rapping and developed an interest in rap music.
After that, when he was 14 years old, he relocated to Mississippi with his father. However, very little is known about his family, including his parents and siblings. Despite this, Way has never shied away from discussing his father’s impact on his professional life. His father gave him a recording studio, which sparked his interest in music and led to his professional success.
Soulja Boy Birth, Age, And Biography Overview
|Full Name||DeAndre Cortez Way|
|Net Worth (2022)||$35 million|
|Birth Date||Chicago, IL, USA|
|Birth Place||July 28 1990|
|Occupation||Rapper, record producer|
|Favourite Song||Not Known|
|Favourite Actor||Not Known|
|Favourite Movie||Not Known|
|Favourite Food||Not Known|
|School||South Panola High School|
|College / University||Not Known|
|Favourite Color||Not Known|
|Favourite Hobbies||Not Known|
|Favourite Destination||Not Known|
|Favourite Book||Not Known|
Soulja Boy Biography
DeAndre Cortez Way, better known as Soulja Boy, was born on July 28, 1990, in Chicago, Illinois. After moving to Atlanta, Georgia, with his family when he was six years old, he developed an interest in listening to rap music for the first time.
He relocated to Batesville, Mississippi, when he was 14 years old. To support and promote his son’s musical endeavours, his dad set up a recording studio in the basement of the family house. Soulja Boy began uploading his music on the website SoundClick in November 2005. They were met with favorable comments, and he signed up for profiles on MySpace and YouTube.
He made the recording in March of 2007, “Crank That (Soulja Boy) “, and followed it up with the release of his first self-produced album, titled “Unsigned and Still Major: Da Album Before da Album.” He also created a film with a limited budget to demonstrate the “Crank That” dance move.
By the end of May 2007, “After he got a contract with Interscope Records and had his song “Crank That” broadcast on the radio, he became known as “Soulja Boy.” By September 2007, “Crank That” had climbed to the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, where it had stayed for the following seven weeks. In addition, Soulja was eventually nominated for a Grammy because of the song.
Also, Read This– Christine Chiu’s Net Worth: Career, Life, And Biography Check Here
The album “Souljaboytellem.com,” which was published in October 2007 and debuted at number four on the United States Billboard 200, has subsequently been awarded platinum certification by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). After a wait of fourteen months, he came out with the follow-up album titled “SouljaBoyTellem.”
In 2010, he released “The DeAndre Way,” his third studio album overall. The year 2015 saw the release of his fourth studio album, “Loyalty.” Soulja Boy has worked with other well-known hip-hop artists, including Gucci Mane, Sammie, Shawty Lo, and Arab. The year 2019 saw the release of his fifth studio album, titled “How Can You Blame Me?”.
|Name||DeAndre Cortez Way|
|Net Worth (2022)||$35 Million|
|Profession||Rapper, record producer|
|Monthly Income And Salary||$250,000 +|
|Yearly Income And Salary||$3 Million +|
Soulja Boy has not divulged a great deal of information regarding his educational background or his early life. However, he graduated from South Panola High School and finished his early schooling there. At the age of six, Soulja Boy started taking rapping classes, and at the same time, he was presented with the opportunity to perform in the form of a recording studio that was a present from his father.
The career of Soulja Boy
2004 was the year that marked Soulja Boy’s first performance as a rap artist. Most of the artist’s first recordings were made in a recording studio that his father had built for him. When Soulja Boy began releasing his music, he did it using SoundClick. After some time, he started gaining popularity and created profiles on both YouTube and Myspace.
- Unsigned & Still Major: Da Album Before da Album was the name of his first album under his independent label, which was released in 2007. Later in the same year, he presented his first song, titled “Crank That,” which became an enormous success and reached the top spot on billboards.
- It held the number one spot for seven weeks; however, they were not all consecutive. After that, he entered into a recording contract with Interscope Records. Souljaboytellem.com was the name of his first studio album, issued by a big label in 2007.
- His other works were just as successful, which helped him become a well-known personality all around the globe. In addition to his music career, Soulja Boy has established a name for himself in film and television. He has worked for different television series, including My Super Sweet 16, Late Night With Jimmy Falon, Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood, and a few more.
Soulja Boy Work History and Honors
In June 2008, on DJ Cisco’s Urban Legend mixtape, the legendary rapper Ice-T told Way to “eat a dick” and branded his song “Crank That” “crap” in contrast to the work of other hip-hop artists like Rakim, Das EFX, Big Daddy Kane, and Ice Cube. They started talking to each other via webcams on separate computers. Kanye West backed Way because, in West’s opinion, Way was creating new, exciting music in the hip-hop genre. The dispute was satirized in a 2010 episode of The Boondocks.
- On December 30, 2008, Way was assaulted and robbed at his home. The first reports from the scene portrayed the robbers as six masked individuals armed with AK-47s. But the day after the incident, a video of two masked men taking full credit for it surfaced online.
- In a January 2009 interview with MTV News, Soulja Boy described the event. He said he had arrived home late after an album release party and was recording songs with friends when armed intruders stormed the residence. The robbers, he said, had broken down the door and were pointing an AK-47 at his friend’s head.
- On March 22, 2011, Way’s younger brother Deion Jenkins was killed in a car accident. In 2020, Soulja Boy decided to get rid of his face tattoos so that he may pursue acting roles in movies and television shows. His first tattoo was on his face when he was 16 years old, much to his mother’s dismay.
- They first mentioned wanting to have them taken out of his head in 2016 and have continued to do so since then. He’s worried that if he keeps playing criminal roles, like gangsters or drug dealers, people will start to expect that of him, and he’ll be pigeonholed.
Soulja Boy Gross Value
American rapper, record producer, actor, and entrepreneur Soulja Boy has a net worth of $30 million. Soulja Boy is well known for his work in the music industry. In September 2007, he released his first song, quickly becoming a tremendous smash. The song “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” reached its highest position on the charts at number one. Beginning in September 2007, the song spent seven weeks at the top of the charts in the United States, albeit these weeks were not consecutive.
|Net Worth in 2022||$35 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$32 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$29 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$26 Million|
|Net Worth in 2018||$23 Million|
|Net Worth in 2017||$21 Million|
Soulja Boy is a well-known and very successful celebrity in the United States. Because of his exceptional singing and record work, he has garnered a lot of attention all around the globe. At such a little age, he has already achieved a great deal of achievement. Since making his debut in 2004, he has established himself as a prominent personality all over the globe. In 2007, with the release of his song “Crank That,” he began to get widespread attention.
Additionally, he was nominated for Grammy awards for his first single release. Soulja Boy has exceptional lyrics, and a distinctive vocal style sets him apart from other artists. In addition to this, he has a sizable number of devoted followers all around the world.